Youngs, John Lanty Sr.
- Township: Embro & West Zorra
- Rank: Lieutenant - Colonel
- Branch: Canadian Over-Seas Expeditionary Force, Perth Regiment
- Date of birth: December 11, 1867
- Where born: West Zorra Township, Oxford County, Ontario, Canada
- Date of death: July 10, 1947
- Burial location: Avondale Cemetery, Stratford, Ontario, Canada
- Wars Served: World War I
- Years of service: September 17,1914 -
- Country enlisted with: Canada
John Lanty Youngs was born in West Zorra Township on December 11, 1867, a son of Benjamin F. and Margaret (Reid) Youngs, who later lived in Michigan. A contractor and builder, he was also a Presbyterian. He received the Military Cross, as did his son John Lant Youngs Jr., who was killed at Vimy Ridge. After the war, John Sr. lived in Stratford, where he built houses and public buildings. He served about seven months as the city’s Mayor, and was a Colonel with the Perth Regiment.