Did you know? John Groenewold rejoined the Dutch Army and served in the West Indies during World War II. Discover m… https://t.co/ZtSezoSBKy
Youngs, John Lant Jr.
- Township: Embro & West Zorra
- Rank: Lieutenant
- Branch: Canadian Over-Seas Expeditionary Force, 1st Battalion
- Regiment number: 697
- Date of birth: April 29, 1895
- Where born: Stratford, Perth County, Ontario, Canada
- Date of death: April 9, 1917
- Wars Served: World War I
- Commemorated: Ecoivres Military Cemetery, Mont-St. Eloi, Pas-de-Calais, France
- Years of service: Nov 27, 1914 - April 9, 1917
- Country enlisted with: Canada
John Lant Youngs Jr. was born April 29, 1895, in West Zorra Township, son of John Lanty Youngs. At the time of his enlistment, on Nov. 27, 1914, he was an unmarried student. On April 9, 1917, he was killed in the Battle of Vimy Ridge. He is commemorated in the Ecoivres Military Cemetery, Mont-St. Eloi, Pas-de-Calais, France.