Did you know, Horace Edgar Kingsmill Bray Jr. served in the 7th Canadian Mounted Rifles and the RAF 67th Training S… https://t.co/3AEIxdn95C
Hill, William Lowrie Jr.
- Township: Embro & West Zorra
- Rank: Private
- Branch: 24th Regiment (Grey’s Horse); Candian Infantry, Alberta Regiment, 49th Battalion
- Regiment number: 432696
- Date of birth: December 21, 1888
- Where born: Harrington West, West Zorra Township, Oxford County, Ontario, Canada
- Date of death: June 5, 1916
- Wars Served: World War I
- Commemorated: Menin Gate Memorial, Ypres, Belgium; Cenotaph, Memorial Park, Embro, West Zorra Township, Oxford County, Ontario, Canada
- Years of service: January 12, 1915 - June 5, 1916
- Country enlisted with: Canada
William Lowrie Hill Jr. was born Dec. 21, 1888, son of William and Mary J. (Colgan) Hill of Harrington West.
William enlisted with the 49th Battalion, Canadian Infantry, Edmonton, Alberta June 12, 1915, having previously served for three years with the 24th Regiment (Grey’s Horse).
Upon enlistment he said he had worked as a waiter. He was missing in action on June 5, 1916, in the battle of Sanctuary Wood and is commemorated on the Menin Gate Memorial, Ypres, Belgium.