RT @VeteransENG_CA: The 75th anniversary of D-Day is 6 June 2019. Events will be held in Canada and France to commemorate this major Second…
Hill, Edward Robert
- Township: Embro & West Zorra
- Rank: Private
- Branch: Central Ontario Regiment, 58th Battalion, Canadian Infantry
- Regiment number: 727163
- Date of birth: abt. 1882
- Date of death: October 26, 1917
- Wars Served: World War I
- Commemorated: Menin Gate Memorial, Ypres, Belgium: Cenotaph, Memorial Park, Embro, West Zorra Township, Oxford County, Ontario, Canada
- Years of service: December 4, 1915 - October 26, 1917
- Country enlisted with: Canada
Edward Robert Hill, son of William and Mary J. Hill of Harrington West, enlisted December 4, 1915 in the 110th Battalion, St. Mary's.
He served with the Central Ontario Regiment, 58th Battalion, Canadian Infantry. He was killed in battle at Passchendaele, Belgium, on Oct. 26, 1917, age 35 years, and is commemorated on the Menin Gate Memorial, Ypres, Belgium., and Cenotaph, Memorial Park in Embro.