Did you know? John Groenewold rejoined the Dutch Army and served in the West Indies during World War II. Discover m… https://t.co/ZtSezoSBKy
- Township: Embro & West Zorra
- Rank: Sergeant
- Branch: Canadian Expeditionary Force, 34th Battalion
- Regiment number: 402407
- Date of birth: June 2, 1890
- Date of death: May 29, 1917
- Burial location: Larbert Cemetery, Scotland, U.K.
- Wars Served: World War I
- Commemorated: Cenotaph, Memorial Park, Embro, West Zorra Township, Oxford County, Ontario, Canada
- Years of service: ------ - May 29, 1917
- Country enlisted with: Canada
John Taylor was born June 2, 1890, Stenhouse Muir, Sterlingshire, Scotland, son of John and Annie Taylor. He immigrated to Canada and worked as a farm hand for Alex Murray in West Zorra. John Taylor enlisted January 14,1915 in Woodstock. He died of wounds at Vimy Ridge May 29, 1917, and is commemorated on the War Memorial in Embro.