Did you know? Charles Beagley was the training officer for the Embro Detachment of the Oxford Rifles. Discover more… https://t.co/ustFuRNDeF
McKay, Alfred Edwin (Eddie)
- Township: Embro & West Zorra
- Rank: Captain
- Branch: 24 Squadron, Royal Flying Corps.
- Date of birth: 1892
- Date of death: December 28, 1917
- Wars Served: World War I
- Commemorated: Arras Flying Services Memorial, Faubourg-d'Amiens Cemetery, Arras, France
- Years of service: 1916 - 1917
- Country enlisted with: Canada
Alfred Edwin [Eddie] McKay (1892-1917), son of Mary McKay, was with 24 Squadron, the Royal Flying Corps in 1916 and 1917. He received 23 squadron awards and the Military Cross. With close to 1,000 of his comrades, he is listed on the Arras Flying Services Memorial in the Faubourg-d’Amiens Cemetery, Arras, France. It was built in honour of those killed in the Battle of Cambrai.