RT @VeteransENG_CA: This Victoria Day, learn about the brave Canadians who were awarded the prestigious Victoria Cross over the years. Coun…
McDonald, John MacKay
- Township: Embro & West Zorra
- Rank: Private
- Branch: Canadian Infantry, Canadian Expeditionary Force, 71st Battalion
- Regiment number: 127684
- Date of birth: March 19, 1893
- Where born: West Zorra Township, Oxford County, Ontario, Canada
- Date of death: February 27, 1916
- Burial location: North Embro Cemetery, West Zorra Township, Oxford County, Ontario, Canada
- Wars Served: World War I
- Commemorated: Cenotaph, Memorial Park, Embro, West Zorra Twp., Oxford Cty., Ont., CAN.
- Years of service: Jan. 3, 1916 -
- Country enlisted with: Canada
John MacKay McDonald was born March 19, 1893, a son of Philip and Robina (Simpson) McDonald of Lot 9, Concession 2. At time of his enlistment, on Jan. 3, 1916, he was an unmarried farmer. He died on Feb. 27, 1916, and is buried in North Embro Cemetery.