Did you know? John Bullard was 19 years old when he was killed in World War I. Discover more at… https://t.co/SUwKvrtYfO
Gibb, Gordon Clark
- Township: Embro & West Zorra
- Rank: Private
- Branch: Royal Canadian Army Service Corps
- Regiment number: B/81288
- Date of birth: 1922
- Where born: West ZorraTownship, Oxford County, Ontario, Canada
- Date of death: September 20, 1944
- Burial location: Coriano Ridge War Cemetery
- Wars Served: World War II
- Commemorated: Coriano Ridge War Cemetery, Provincia di Forli, Emilia-Romagna, Italy
- Years of service: August 1942 - Sept. 20, 1944
- Country enlisted with: Canada
Gordon Gibb (born 1922) of Lot 26, Concession 6, West Zorra, was a son of Mr. & Mrs. Wallace Gibb. He attended school at Youngsville and Embro Ontario. Gordon worked at the Heinbuck Funeral Home in Stratford before enlistment. He enlisted in London in August 1942, with the Royal Canadian Army Service Corp.
After going overseas, he was transferred to the Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment and was a stretcher bearer in the Italian Theatre of War. He was wounded in action on September 5, 1944, but returned to the front, where he was killed in action on September 20, 1944. He is buried in the Coriano Ridge War Cemetery.