Have you registered your child in our 2018 Heroes of Zorra Spelling Bee? The contest is open to all children living… https://t.co/KUw3g3j0YD
Gerrie, D. Morton
- Township: Embro & West Zorra
- Rank: Gunner
- Branch: Army; Canadian Field Artillery, 53rd Battalion, 13th Brigade.
- Regiment number: 304451
- Date of birth: September 15, 1895
- Where born: Oxford County, Ontario, Canada
- Date of death: March 13, 1918
- Wars Served: World War I
- Commemorated: Barlin Communal Cemetery Extension, Barlin, Pas-de-Calais, France; Cenotaph,Memorial Park, Embro, West Zorra Township, Oxford County, Ontario, Canada
- Years of service: November 30, 1915 - March 13, 1918
- Country enlisted with: Canada
D. Morton Gerrie was born Sept. 15, 1895, in Oxford County. From 1897 to 1902 his parents were part owners of 100 acres on Lot 23, Concession 6, West Zorra. At time of enlistment, he was a clerk in Toronto and stated he was a Methodist. A gunner, he died on March 13, 1918, and is commemorated at Barlin Communal Cemetery Extension, Barlin, Pas-de-Calais, France. He was buried on March 14, 1918, Plot 2, Row E, Grave #27 in the Barlin Military Cemetery.