RT @VeteransENG_CA: The 75th anniversary of D-Day is 6 June 2019. Events will be held in Canada and France to commemorate this major Second…
Gerrie, D. Morton
- Township: Embro & West Zorra
- Rank: Gunner
- Branch: Army; Canadian Field Artillery, 53rd Battalion, 13th Brigade.
- Regiment number: 304451
- Date of birth: September 15, 1895
- Where born: Oxford County, Ontario, Canada
- Date of death: March 13, 1918
- Wars Served: World War I
- Commemorated: Barlin Communal Cemetery Extension, Barlin, Pas-de-Calais, France; Cenotaph,Memorial Park, Embro, West Zorra Township, Oxford County, Ontario, Canada
- Years of service: November 30, 1915 - March 13, 1918
- Country enlisted with: Canada
D. Morton Gerrie was born Sept. 15, 1895, in Oxford County. From 1897 to 1902 his parents were part owners of 100 acres on Lot 23, Concession 6, West Zorra. At time of enlistment, he was a clerk in Toronto and stated he was a Methodist. A gunner, he died on March 13, 1918, and is commemorated at Barlin Communal Cemetery Extension, Barlin, Pas-de-Calais, France. He was buried on March 14, 1918, Plot 2, Row E, Grave #27 in the Barlin Military Cemetery.