Gard, Donald Elliot
- Township: Embro & West Zorra
- Rank: Sergeant
- Branch: Royal Canadian Air Force
- Regiment number: R226571
- Date of birth: February 8, 1919
- Where born: Saint John, New Brunswick
- Date of death: December 25, 2006
- Burial location: Hillcrest Cemetery, Woodbridge, Ontario
- Wars Served: World War II
- Country enlisted with: Canada
Donald E. Gard was a son of William and Clara Gard of Lots 3 and 4, Concession 5 of West Zorra Township. Donald was fourteen when the family moved here in 1933 from the Town of Weston, near Toronto and gained ownership of a farm on the Slant Road near Cody's Corners. Donald attended Embro Continuation School and in 1942 graduated from the Ontario Agricultural College in Guelph. In 1943 he volunteered for service with the Royal Canadian Air Force where he was trained and qualified as a Navigator in the Commonwealth Air Training Plan. Donald's year of training took him to Edmonton, Winnipeg and Trois Rivieres. By March 30, 1944 he was in England where he would undergo more training.
After leaving the service Donald returned to the Toronto area. He married Ruth Mathiasen on September 25, 1948. Don and Ruth remained in the Toronto area for most of their lives where Don eventually made his career in casualty insurance claims adjustment services. They raised two children - Stephen Donald and Linda Joanne.