- Township: Embro & West Zorra
- Rank: Lance Corporal
- Branch: Canadian Infantry, Quebec Reg., 42nd Battalion
- Regiment number: 127580
- Date of birth: October 6, 1895
- Where born: Alveston, Gloucestershire, England
- Date of death: October 31, 1917
- Wars Served: World War I
- Commemorated: Tyne Cot Cemetery, Belgium
- Years of service: October 7, 1915 - October 31, 1917
- Country enlisted with: Canada
Lance Cpl. Arthur Alway(s) was born Oct. 6, 1895, in Alveston, Gloucestershire, England. He enlisted on Oct. 7, 1915, in the 71st Battalion and was certified in Embro. A farm labourer, he was killed in action, on Oct. 31, 1917,at Ypres, Belgium.
He is commemorated in Tyne Cot Cemetery, Belgium. His parents were George & Annie Alway(s) of Alveston, Gloucestershire, England.