Do you have a veteran or serviceperson who should be included on Heroes of Zorra? Do you have additional informatio… https://t.co/PI3LHlFx41
Whetstone, Harvey Elgin
- Township: East Nissouri, Embro & West Zorra
- Rank: Private
- Branch: 1st Depot Battalion, Western Ontario Regiment.
- Regiment number: 3138658
- Date of birth: October 7, 1897
- Where born: East Nissouri Townsip, Oxford County, Ontario, Canada
- Date of death: October 2, 1978
- Burial location: Lakeside Methodist Cemetery, Lakeside, East Nissouri Township, Ontario, Canada
- Wars Served: World War I
- Years of service: June 14, 1918 - 1918
- Country enlisted with: Canada
Harvey Elgin Whetstone was born Oct. 7, 1897, a son of Abraham and Margaretta McBurney of Lot 30 Concession 13 in East Nissouri Township. He was an unmarried farmer when he was drafted on June 14, 1918 to the 1st Depot Battalion. After the war, he returned to East Nissouri and married Edna Frances Rolston of R. R. #2 Lakeside. In 1948 he bought the east half of Lot 8, Concession 4, in West Zorra Township. Harvey and Edna are buried in Lakeside Methodist Cemetery.