Did you know? William "Hap" Day enlisted the day England declared war and was in Germany when peace was declared. D… https://t.co/S6z7cpqb8N
- Township: North Oxford, East Nissouri
- Rank: Corporal
- Branch: 95th Saskatchewan Rifles: 216th Battalion, Canadian Expeditionery Force
- Regiment number: 273993
- Date of birth: December 20, 1884
- Where born: Thamesford, Oxford County, Ontario, Canada
- Date of death: January 3, 1963
- Wars Served: World War I
- Years of service: January 4, 1917 - March 19, 1919
- Country enlisted with: Canada
Christopher Kealey was born December 20, 1884 in Thamesford, Ontario. He was the son of Wm. J. and Christina Kealey, also of Thamesford. Upon enlistment his Attestation Papers tell us that by trade he was a jockey; was of the Presbyterian faith; he was single; and that he had previously served 2 weeks as a Private in the 95th Saskatchewan Rifles. He enlisted in Toronto on January 4, 1917 and arrived in England on April 29, 1917 aboard the S.S. Scandinavian. Christopher served in Canada and England and upon discharge was a Corporal and was awarded the British War Medal.
He arrived back in Halifax on February 25, 1919 aboard the Empress of Britain and was fully discharged on March 19, 1919. Christopher passed away on January 3, 1963 at Westminister Hospital in London, Ontario.