RT @VeteransENG_CA: The 75th anniversary of D-Day is 6 June 2019. Events will be held in Canada and France to commemorate this major Second…
- Township: North Oxford
- Branch: Royal Canadian Army, 5th Canadian Mounted Rifles
- Regiment number: 124064
- Date of birth: September 3, 1884
- Where born: Oxford County, Ontario, Canada
- Date of death: October 30, 1917
- Burial location: Passchendaele New British Cemetery, Belgium
- Wars Served: World War I
- Years of service: October 8, 1915 - October 30, 1917
- Country enlisted with: Canada
Albert Saxby was a farmer from North Oxford. He was a member of the 5th Canadian Mounted Rifles, and was killed in action October 30, 1917, at the age of 33. He is buried in Passchendaele New British Cemetery, Belgium. His name is listed on the Cenotaph at the Zorra Township Office.
Albert's Attestation Papers list his next-of-kin as his mother Mrs. S.W.E. Saxby of Nilestown. He enlisted on October 8, 1915 in London, Ontario and stated he was a farmer of Methodist faith.