Did you know LaVerne Brenneman remained in England for a year after the end of World War II as a member of the Serv… https://t.co/tn8Z8TzJsI
McDermott, Harry James
- Township: North Oxford
- Rank: Private
- Branch: Royal Canadian Army, 168th Battalion
- Regiment number: 675398
- Date of birth: October 12, 1890
- Date of death: November 10, 1917
- Burial location: Oxford Road Cemetery, Belgium
- Wars Served: World War I
- Years of service: January 28, 1916 - November 10, 1917
- Country enlisted with: Canada
Harry McDermott was born October 12, 1890. He was a farmer at the time of his enlistment on January 28, 1916. Harry, whose regimental number was 675398, was with the 168th Battalion of the Army. He was killed in action on November 10, 1917 in France. Harry’s name is on the Cenotaph at the Zorra Township Office. Harry is buried at Oxford Road Cemetery, Belgium.
As per the Oxford Road Cemetery in Belgium web site it lists Harry as being the son of Henry and Kate McDermott of Ingersoll. This then questions the possibility that he was a brother to Frederick who lists his mother as Katherine McDermott of R.R. #3 Ingersoll. The web site also lists that he was serving in the 21st Battalion, Canadian Infantry.